FLORA GARDEN BEACH 2021
- Our hotel’s has environmental policy and all works have completed under its policy framework.
- Environmental policy has announced at guest notice board.
- Environmental policy has announced at employee notice board, besides at local neighborhood area.
- For our guests on behalf of to introduce our local specialties, we serve seven different regional foods during a week at the dinner time.
- In addition, every week we have different activities such as „how to cook local food„ for our guests.
- Periodically every 15 days we hold Anatolian Night Event where performing folk dance within local dresses and introducing specialty food.
- Along beachside all our guests has being informed about Caretta caretta nesting areas and they has performing to support nesting areas with our environmental policy.
- The automatically system blocks air conditioner working during the balcony doors are open.
- Periodically we have had meetings with several responsible department managers about environmental issues, all meetings has been recorded.
- All personnel trained about Water and Energy savings and announced employee information board.
- In our hotel attempted renovation and disposed tools and equipment that increases energy consumption. Furthermore we decided to use and obtain environmentally friendly tools and equipment and made it our policy.
- Rather we pay attention to obtain food and beverage from local suppliers in a large package amount.
- All washed towels, sheets and etc. records every day.
- Consumption of using water and electricity has calculated as monthly basis and we are taking care of it.
Our hotel was closed in 2020 due to Covid 19. Therefore, you can access the Sustainability data for 2019 and 2021 below.
ENERGY AND WATER CONSUMPTION ASSESSMENTS
|Overnight stay||Overnight stay||Consumption|
|per capita consumption||per capita consumption|
- During construction and remodeling period all outdoor/indoor bulbs and lighting system has replaced to LED lightning and fluorescent light system.
- Staff tunnel lightening has replaced from time sensitive to darkness sensitive light system.
- In some less use places plug switch lights replaced to move sensitive light system.
- In the guest rooms and general area restroom flushes are settled as 6 liters.
- Follow up-weight charts has prepared for waste paper, glass, plastic and metal. During that date every day recorded and filled out charts.
- At the pump engine room of the pool solved all water leaking issues.
- For all tool and equipment which use electricity has been prepared maintenance schedule and all works under taken under record.
- All chemicals approved by ministry and suitable for environment.
- By Energy Saver LED lights now our savings increases 60%.
Compared to the same period in June and July 2021, the number of overnight stays decreased due to the pandemic, and the consumption per person per night was higher due to this.
In addition, the meters of equipment that consume high amounts of energy such as roller ironing and tailoring, washing and drying machines in the laundry are also set aside and their consumption is recorded.
per capita consumption
per capita consumption
When the 2021 consumptions are compared, although the water consumption is low, the per capita consumption has increased slightly compared to the same period, since the number of overnight stays is low. In the winter period, the maintenance of the plumbing system, the water leaks and the training provided are effective factors in the reduction of water consumption.
- Water leaks in the pool engine room will be eliminated, pump maintenance has been carried out, and the old pool pump has been replaced.
- The siphons in the guest rooms and common areas were reviewed and it was decided to adjust the flow rates to 5 liters/min.
- An annual maintenance schedule has been prepared for all energy-consuming tools and equipment by the technical service department, and the maintenance has continued to be recorded.
- Reverse Osmosis system is used (reverse osmosis).
- Pool backwashing is done by following the pressure gauge of the sand filter.
In April and May, water consumption increases every year due to the filling of the pools and cleaning activities during the opening period.
Since the number of overnight stays was lower in May compared to the same period, the per capita consumption amount was higher.
|2019 Overnight stay||2021 Overnight stay||2019 lt||2021 lt||2019 per capita consumption||2021 per capita consumption|
Due to the fact that the generator works with diesel oil in our facilities, the consumption of diesel fuel increases and decreases due to power cuts.
|2021 Overnight stay||2019 |
|2019 per capita consumption||2021 per capita consumption|
LNG is used for cooking and water heating in our facilities. During the winter period, the system was completely renewed. Thus, there has been an increase in the efficiency obtained from the sun in water heating.
- There are 102 solar panels in the facilities and the surface of each is 2,4m².
- After the maintenance in the winter season, the efficiency obtained from the solar energy system increased, and the consumption of LNG used in water heating decreased. The target for 2021 was to stay below the 2019 consumption value of 36,770 kg, and the 2021 target was set not to exceed 30,000 kg numerically. (January-September total LPG consumption is 19,544 kg:)
In our facilities, coal is used as a fuel for barbecue and consumptions vary according to the operational situation in line with the accommodation density and guest demand.
2021 Total and Overnight Waste Amounts
| || 2021 May-July Total-(kg) |
|AYLAR/MONTHS||Geceleme-(Occupancy)||Plastic (kg)||Plastic (Per person)||paper (kg)||paper (Per person)||Metal (kg)||Metal|
|pine (kg)||pine (Per person)||Total (kg)|
|TOTAL (kg) ||13.821||530||0,21||355||0,17||400||0,0||560||0,16||1845|
2019-2021 WASTE COMPARISONS
|AYLAR/ MONTHS||2019 Plastic|
|2021 Plastic (kg)||2019 paper|
|2021 Metal (kg)||2019 pine|
|2021 pine |
|2021 Total (kg)|
|TOTAL (kg) ||875||530||620||355||520||400||1005||560||2940||1845|
Compared to the same period of 2019, it is observed that there is a decrease in the amount of packaging waste. It is thought that regular waste separation trainings and purchase of larger packaged products instead of small packaged products are effective.